Wednesday, July 21, 2010

CGM, not again!

As I tried to piece my stomach to insert my continuous glucose monitor today it hit a tough spot in my stomach. The piece stopped half way in and half way out, the problem with that is you then have to manually push it in or say screw it and pull it out.

This is the lose, lose situation. Pushing it in is like trying to drive a spike through yourself, the needle is pretty big so it hurts both physically and mentally. Pulling it back out destroys the sensitive flexible sensor that is supposed to stay in your skin. Now you've just wasted $30. I choose option 1 so we'll see how this goes.

The good problem I have is that I've lost a considerable amount of weight eating healthy and cycling. Not that I was that big to begin with but dropping 15lbs. from 160 is enough to lose pretty much all of the extra fat on your body. I've had to buy new shorts this year because my old size 32 and 33 waists were so big I didn't have to unbutton to slide them off and now my pants are following suit. I can slide my full, clinched fist in between my stomach and belly facing out and still have room. I need to replace all of my jeans now that hang off of me. :(

Life is has it's complications whether you are tall, short, heavy or petite. :)

No comments: