Tuesday, May 18, 2010

MIA

Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA. I've been riding and working out a lot. If the rain would let up I could get out more and ride vs. opting for the gym. Starting tomorrow I should be able to get some great riding in.

My blood sugars have been out of whack to. It seems that my body has become used to working out. Before my sugars were going hypo, now I can't get them out of the upper 100s and lower 200s so I've gone back to my pump settings that I used pre-working out. It has helped so now I'm back to small tweaks here and there. It's amazing how difficult it can be to figure in diabetes to all of my riding and training.

I rode a lap at Mohican last weekend which was awesome!!! The course is wicked tough, it will be very interesting to see how much more difficult it becomes when you add 400 additional racers on the course. It took me about 2:45:00 to complete the 24+ miles. I couldn't fathom that it only takes the pros 1:20:00 to cover that course. AMAZING!!!

I've been upgrading equipment, new shorts, new tires, new PowerBar nutrition. I've been getting used to all of the pieces and parts before the race on the 5th.

In the meantime I've been working, hanging with my beautiful, supportive and very understanding girlfriend and raising money for my Tour de Cure ride on the 13th of June.

It's been busy to say the least, however, that is no excuse to neglect my blog! Back at it!!!

1 comment:

X-Country2 said...

Welcome back! Happy things have been going so well on the bike.