Thursday, October 29, 2009

I must be the only person worrying about this

Why, as Americans, have we accepted the fact that we are "fatter" than the rest of the world. We are in the process of doing everything from glorifying plus size individuals to making clothing sizes larger.

I don't get it, there are no benefits to being "larger". It's incredibly unhealthy.

I'm not saying everyone needs to live by the BMI chart for their weight and height but throwing caution to the wind is taking years off peoples lives, they are killing themselves they just don't know it yet.

Have you tried to Super Size your meal at McDonald's or King Size your meal at Burger King??? You can't! There in on it too! Now you say, "we'll I'll just get the "large"". Guess what that large used to be called? :) You know why those two among others have stopped offering those sizes? To avoid law suits. People are nuts and they will blame McD's, BK and everyone else but themselves when they have there first heart attack. They will try to bring gross negligence lawsuits against these companies claiming they had no idea there were 900 calories in a Super Size fry they ate every day for lunch. Now McD's can say, nosireeee, poor us we don't even offer a Super Size any more.

I think it's piss poor and as Americans we have a duty to stand up for ourselves. We need to take our own health and well being into our own hands instead of letting Fast Food and clothing manufacturers do it for us. We can also thank technology for this. How many hours do you spend in front of a computer, TV or cell phone??? Get out, go for a walk, don't become a prisoner of the world around you!

Wheew! Ok, I have stepped off of my soapbox. Thank you for listening!

2 comments:

jpnairn said...

I'm not sure why you think you're alone in this. You're not the only person talking about it.
One thing that annoys me about all of the fast food joints is that they now call the regular size "small."
They have the menu up with all of the numbered meals on it, each with a price. But when you order a meal by the number, they ask you, "Small, medium, or large?"
I tell them I want the one on the menu, and I tell them the price. I won't call it "small."
"Small" sounds like it is for kids or petite ladies. There is no "small" meal with a quarter pound burger and a side of fries.

Rainmaker said...

I agree with you completely. My trip to Texas this past week was a pretty solid reminder about the reality of continous fast food establishments every 100 yards all the time.