Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Can you believe it???

I completely missed my pump anniversary!!! August second concluded my first year on the insulin pump. I love it, it's been great at keeping my sugars in check and my A1C in a very reasonable and manageable range.

It's probably the single best thing I could have done to better my overall health and probably add some more years to my time here on earth. It's been an incredibly easy transition on the bike, with shots it was kind of hit and miss most of the time. With the pump I have it down to a science as to where my temporary basal rate needs to be and for how long to keep my blood sugars from dive bombing.

I think I've come along way and with my sights set on some late season races and I'm going to start working towards a 12 or 24 hour solo race next year. Diabetes management will be a large part of the planning for that event.

I don't really know what to say in my reflection but as the enlightenment comes I will pass it along.

Rock on!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Happy Pump-o-versary!