Thursday, March 5, 2009

And here we go

Yesss!!! I finally got my first ride in on the new MTB! Even if it was short. The wind was wicked even though it said 35 degrees out once you got moving it was crazy cold. My face hurt and I was worried that my insulin pump would freeze. I rode probably only 5 miles but tried putting the bike through some off-road conditions.

On a side note I think I will have to totally readjust my insulin pump to handle riding again. After a massive snack and dropping my basal rate to 60% my blood sugar was still only 85. That just means I'll have to get out more and try some different routines while ridging. :)

Here's a picture of the inaugural ride (thanks Molly!) Two pair of socks, shorts, tights, and three layers up high and this is what you look like:

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm still not up for riding out in the cold March air.

Have you named your bike? You should!