Thursday, January 22, 2009

2009 Goals and Races

A fellow blogger had posted her goals and races for 2009 and I thought it would be a good idea to get my goals out there for the world to see. It's harder to back down from them with everyone looking. I will revisit this at the end of the year to see how I fared.

Goals:
1. Successfully integrate CGM (continuous glucose monitoring) into my workouts and life. Tighter control = healthier me. I'm super excited to start, just have to make it through the red tape of insurance companies. You know, to see if I'm really diabetic enough for it! lol

2. Compete and complete at least two different genres of MTB racing. One endurance race (i.e. Mohican 100 or a 12/24 hour race) and one cross country race.

3. Drink less soda. Yes, it sounds funny but I drink way too much of it. Even if it's diet there can be sodium and it's been shown to make you hungrier and a diuretic if it has caffeine.

Potential Rides/Races:
1. Mohican Wilderness race - March 29th OMBC
2. Vulture's Knob - Aprin 18th OMBC
3. Mohican MTB 100 - Either June 20-21 or May 30th (seems to be a discrepancy between the race calendar and event info page)
4. Tour de Cure - June 14th

This is for starters, I'll keep you posted if any additional races are added.

2 comments:

Kim said...

You should post those races with the dates in one of your sidebars so they're up for the whole year...haunting you! :)

Kelly said...

Good goals! One of mine last year was to stop drinking pop. It started with coke, then I turned to coke zero, and then I eventually just had to stop buying it all together (it was an all-or-nothing thing for my cravings). Now I only drink pop when I'm at a restaurant (every few weeks), or if I get a CRAZY craving (like last night). Good luck!