Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Summer of Learning

As the temperature drops here in NE Ohio, the leaves begin to change color and days grow shorter. I've been reflecting on my whirlwind of a summer. I was trying to find the uniting thread that ties together my life. If any of you know what my life is like you would think I was crazy for even trying that but I did and it worked. This was my summer of learning.

My life has tested me, my family, my friends as well as my co-workers. Here is a list of 20 things I've learned.

1. Cancer sucks
2. Diabetes can suck
3. My brother is stronger and more resilient than cancer
4. My family is stronger and more resilient than cancer
5. I should not have ever stopped cycling
6. I still can run, fast sometimes too!
7. Insulin pumps kick major ass and I should have started on one a long time ago
8. I am extremely passionate about fighting cancer and diabetes
9. My family is growing closer not farther apart
10. Ziplining is fun!
11. Less soda = healthier me
12. Less little debbies = even healthier me
13. You can change everything about your life except the weather if you desire to do so
14. I have some of the best coworkers anyone could ask for
15. Never give up on anyone or anything you believe in
16. Never be afraid to love someone
17. The human spirit can move mountains
18. I'm not a diabetic, I'm a person living with diabetes
19. I have priorities, I need to keep them straight
20. Life is short, if you love someone always, always let them know

That's all for now, I have some crazy ideas brewing in my head for next year! Check back as I reveal them!!!

No comments: