Friday, October 3, 2008

Most People Won't Care

But some may. Just had my Dr. appointment yesterday and my A1C was 6.2!!!!! For those who don't know that is an incredibly good A1C to have as a diabetic. It's the lowest it's been in my 15 year stint with the disease! Lower A1C = reduced risk of long term complications from diabetes, minor things like blindness, extremity amputation, kidney/liver/heart failure and death. Another "for instance" a healthy non-diabetic has an A1C of 4-6, that means I'm almost non-diabetic!!! lol

3 comments:

Nancy said...

That's freakin awesome!!! I'm so proud of you. Celebrate a little will ya, and keep it up. My goal is to be right where you are. Like you I have been there in the past, just can't get there now for some reason. I will though!! Congrats...I'm not most people....I care:)

Karen said...

Woo hoo!!!! That is awesome news!! Big congrats to you!

Jill said...

YAYYYYY! Thats great :) From that number you can tell that youve been working hard to keep things in control! CoNgRaTs!!

On a side note... hope your brother is doing better!