Saturday, March 8, 2008

Blizzard of 2008!

So I estimated an hour and 10 minutes to get home yesterday, nothin doing. :-/ It took me an hour and 25 minutes to make the 5 minute drive from work to the highway. WTF! I was creeping along while my leg was cramping up working the clutch. A six speed is nice except in heavy traffic. However my saving grace was the "hold assist" on VWs. It holds your car in place once you make a complete stop and disengages once you start moving forward. I think it's actually designed to help on hills but it sure helped my get through Akron yesterday!

I think we are up to about 17 or 18 inches of snow. Lexi loved the snow even though it was almost as deep as she was tall! The snow is up to the top of the wheel wells on my car.

I've got plenty of food, medicine and Internet access, I don't need to go anywhere. Everyone be careful out there!


Lexi in the snow!

My car at about 2:00pm, it's now 7:30 and still snowing.

No comments: